Social Security's Ticket to Work Program

Employment Networks

Who They Are

A variety of organizations can serve as Employment Networks (EN), including:

  • Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration
  • Centers for Independent Living
  • Community rehabilitation programs
  • Nonprofit organizations
  • For-profit employment agencies
  • Developmental disability agencies
  • Mental health agencies
  • One-Stop Centers
  • Staffing and placement agencies
  • Employers

Choosing the EN That Is Right for You

Services vary from EN to EN. Be sure to contact the ENs in your area and the Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) for a description of the services they offer. For a listing of the ENs in your area, call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 1-866-968-7842 or 1-866-833-2967 (TDD). You can also go to the Ticket to Work website and use their Resource Map. A Work Incentive Consultant may also be able to recommend ENs actively accepting tickets.

Ask the Employment Networks about languages spoken and the types of disabilities they have experience working with. Some ENs may be strong in certain areas (for example, job search and placement assistance), but not as strong in others (for example, Work Incentives Planning). Some ENs may assign you a counselor or caseworker; others may not.

When you talk to an EN, try using this worksheet offered by the Ticket to Work program. The worksheet will help you remember what questions to ask and what the EN's answers were.

Employment Networks Report Cards

On the Ticket to Work website Resource Map, each Employment Network that has been operating since January 1, 2010, has an attached report card. Each report card has information to help you choose the EN that may best serve your needs. The report card will:

  • List the program services the EN offers
  • Give helpful information the EN has reported about its experience and performance
  • Show how many clients the EN served
  • Show how many clients EN has assisted in getting and keeping a job
  • Show how satisfied the EN's customers are with the EN (if the information is available)

New EN report cards are issued each year, so they are kept up to date.

Ticket holders should contact ENs and Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration to discuss your needs and decide what services each organization is able to offer. You may speak with as many ENs as you like. You are not obligated to assign your Ticket to an EN, simply because you have spoken with them. You may choose to reassign your Ticket if you are not satisfied with the services you get from an EN or the Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration. However, tickets in use with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) may not be assigned to an EN until VR services are complete or your VR case is closed.

Using a Different EN

If you decide you want to work with a different EN, call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 1-866-968-7842 or 1-866-833-2967 (TDD). You will have 3 months to assign your Ticket to a new EN or vocational rehabilitation agency. During these 3 months, your Ticket keeps its in-use status. Your Ticket is considered to be assigned to the new EN when you sign your Individual Work Plan (IWP) with the new EN.

If you have any problems changing from one EN to another, the Arizona Center for Disability Law (ACDL) can offer mediation services.

Learn more